1. MacSmith
    MacSmith
    April 12, 2013 at 4:00 am |

“For those hungering for quality, scripted science fiction, Syfy Channel’s annual media upfront presentation has been decidedly the place NOT to be for the last few years.”
    – No kidding!

2. comander_starlin
    comander_starlin
    April 12, 2013 at 10:19 am |

sad no Stargate but yay to Ringworld, super happy about that

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    April 12, 2013 at 12:18 pm |

Wonder if any of these developement projects make it to series. I sure would like to see some of our Stargate actors in them if they do. I’m kind of not enthused by anything lately, I just want more Stargate!

4. bhorwith22
    bhorwith22
    April 12, 2013 at 3:35 pm |

I’m glad Syfy is getting more real sci-fi shows. Hopefully we will see more Stargate in the future.

5. dinabrh18
    dinabrh18
    April 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm |

I hope to see Joe Flanigan in any of those shows :)

6. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    April 12, 2013 at 6:55 pm |

@dinabrh18 Me too! They really should bring him in on at least one of their projects! I’d love to see Rachel and the others too. But mostly Joe ;)

7. jts2082
    jts2082
    April 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm |

Ringworld sounds awesome, but I think I’m more looking forward to seeing infinity, it’s the kind of space adventure I’ve been missing from TV.

8. Donsta
    Donsta
    April 16, 2013 at 8:55 am |

Ringworld sounds great to me. How about “The Mote in God’s Eye”?

9. SciFi Stream | Defiance Premieres Strong for Syfy Channel
    April 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm |

[…] It’s also the first premiere of an original Syfy Channel scripted drama series since 2011′s Being Human — itself a remake of the U.K. series. Other recent newcomers to the network, including Lost Girl and Continuum, were acquired by Syfy from other countries. The network has focused almost exclusively on reality series in recent years, but earlier this month announced an ambitious new development slate for scripted series (story). […]

10. bluewater1
    bluewater1
    April 18, 2013 at 7:49 am |

I agree that an adaptation of Ringworld would make a tantalizing series. Other works of Niven as well as Pournelle could provide some great, fresh concepts for science fiction series.

11. custos779
    custos779
    April 19, 2013 at 1:01 am |

Good to know Syfy is actually getting back to science fiction. A few of these look like they could be quite interesting.

12. medegno51
    medegno51
    May 5, 2013 at 6:05 pm |

As you can tell from the date of this posting, I drop in to this site only occasionally now and then, just to see if anything new about Stargate has come along.

Sadly, it doesn’t surprise me that Scuffy doesn’t have much to offter in that vein… but Moore’s project does offer a glimmer of hope that Scuffy’s execs have seen (and *felt*) the error of their programming woes these past few years. I don’t think I can stand another ghost wrestler battling a mutant shark-snake in the squared circle again (easy, stomach…)