First Aired: October 22, 1999
When Major Carter’s father Jacob is kidnapped by Sokar, the SG-1 team must infiltrate a prison moon designed to look like hell to rescue him.
“Jolinar’s Memories” Facts:
- Actor Dion Johnstone appears in this episode, under the mask of Na’onak. He appeared just a few episodes earlier as Captain Nelson in “Rules of Engagement,” and would go on to play Chaka, Lt. Tyler, Warrick, and several other roles.
- Sokar had been talked about all through the end of Season Two and the first half of Season Three, playing a central in “Serpent’s Song” when he attacked Earth through its Stargate. But “Jolinar’s Memories” is the first time we see him on screen (portrayed by actor David Palffy), in all his wickedly cool and devilish glory.
- Season Three of Stargate SG-1 first introduced the Goa’uld cargo ship, which would have a long run on the show. This is the first episode where we learn the name of this class of ship: the Tel’tak.
- This is a very special episode in our hearts: GateWorld first opened its digital doors on the night that “Jolinar’s Memories” aired in 1999 — more than 15 years ago!
“Jolinar’s Memories” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Review
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Interview with David Palffy (2004)
- Interview with JR Bourne (2006)
- Interview with Carmen Argenziano (2006)
- Interview with Dion Johnstone (2013)
- Season Three Podcast
Rewatch “Jolinar’s Memories” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Jolinar’s Memories” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!