First Aired: July 14, 2006
The team desperately attempts to stop two Wraith hive ships from reaching Earth. Sheppard must rely on an old foe to rescue McKay and Ronon.
“No Man’s Land” Facts:
- The third season premiere took the character of Michael (Connor Trinneer) in a very different direction — but it wasn’t to be the sort of uncomfortable alliance indicated by this episode, when Michael joins with the Atlantis team in common cause against the Wraith. After our team betrays him one episode later, Michael’s isolation and self-interest is hardened once and for all.
- This is the first Atlantis appearance for Tamlyn Tomita, who plays the Chinese ambassador Shen Xiaoyi. She had previously appeared on two episodes of SG-1, and would return with a much larger guest role in the SGA fifth season episode “Remnants” — making a play for command of the Atlantis base.
- It’s also another kind of first for actor Christopher Heyerdahl, who had already played the Athosian Halling in a recurring role. Here he plays a Wraith for the first time … but it’s evidently not the Wraith warrior who would later be nicknamed “Todd.” (That character would make his debut just five weeks later, in “Common Ground.”)
“No Man’s Land” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Transcript
- Fan Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Forum
- Atlantis Season Three Podcast
- Interview with Connor Trinneer (2006)
- Interview with Andee Frizzell (2006)
- Interview with Torri Higginson (2006)
- Interview with David Hewlett (2006)
- Interview with Martin Gero (2006)
- Interview with Joe Flanigan (2006)
Rewatch “No Man’s Land” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the episode discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!