1. Davecs
    February 1, 2018 at 1:48 pm |

Is this confirmed to be in the same continuity as SG-1, Atlantis and SGU? Because I’m already sensing continuity headaches coming based on that trailer if the gate does indeed open. The only time it should have opened in 1939 was when Baal came through it while it was being transported across the Atlantic on the Achilles and alt-timeline Cam blew his head off. Certainly, Catherine never saw it open before Daniel figured it out, whether it honours series canon or just the original movie. Looked like someone was wearing a Goa’uld hand device at the end too. Also, how many accents has Catherine Langford had at his point?! Pretty sure she was Swedish to begin with, then English on the first season of SG-1, then American when Eli’s mom played her in the sixties. Guess she’s American again now? But anyway, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see it and hope there’ll be some clever twists to make sure continuity is maintained with what’s come before it.

2. Jimmy007
    February 1, 2018 at 11:55 pm |

I have been a huge stargate fan since it all started and I am so excited to finally see some more stargate after all these years. I think its important to know going into Origins that its never going to be as good as SG1 and Atlantis. They have promised it will be canon to the rest of the franchise, and I know thats obviously important to a lot of fans. But Origins is going to be its own thing. We all need to be grateful that we are getting stargate back, we are lucky to get this at all and we need to support it 100% if we are going to continue getting any more stargate in the future. I didn’t enjoy season 1 of SGU that much, but I did enjoy the second season. If fans didn’t bag it out in the first place we may have got a third season when it was starting to get really good. We need to support Origins for what it is, and not compare it to the other shows. Can’t wait for Feb 15 :)

3. Mollymouse
    February 2, 2018 at 12:04 pm |

I only hope that the acting isn’t as hammy as it seems in the trailer. Also, it looks like Conor Trineer is “offed” quite quickly in the story. Too bad about that. Like the rest of you, I hope for the best with this “incarnation” of SG.

4. Tom42
    February 2, 2018 at 8:59 pm |

Does the whole movie take place in 1939 or just start in 1939? The make mention in the trailer that she has been studying the device for 10 years. So if the movies takes place 1939-1949 she loses Ernest Littlefield through the gate in 1945

5. Hublo
    February 3, 2018 at 2:18 am |

Pretty sure the gate won’t open but it will be the egypt that looks like abydos instead

6. Nekomajin
    February 3, 2018 at 9:38 am |

@Tom42
    Ten years from its discovery in 1928.

1939 is also the year when the Achilles shipped the gate to the US from Egypt, as it was depicted in Continuum.

7. Scott Koestel
    February 5, 2018 at 1:38 pm |

Am I the only one that noticed that the gate is wrong? The top Chevron is the one from the original movie gate. It’s not the same as in the TV shows.

8. DanJack
    February 5, 2018 at 4:27 pm |

I hope it’s entertaining. It’s just that fans have waited so many years for more Stargate and this seems to have an after school special look to it. I also hope it won’t try to rewrite continuity. Keeping fingers crosses, but not getting hopes up too much.

9. Mollymouse
    February 6, 2018 at 12:22 pm |

It just occurred to me that somehow (esp. if continuity is with CONTINUUM), that maybe someone will come across Cameron Mitchell at some point? (I know, 1929).

10. Nekomajin
    February 11, 2018 at 9:35 am |

If there will be an alien bad guy, he does not have to be coming to Earth. It’s totally possible that there are dormant goa’ulds on Earth besides the ones we came across in SG-1 (Isis, Osiris and Sekhmet).

According to what we know, the Stewart expedition found two canopic jars in 1931. Maybe Brücke found another one, the snake took a host, and wants to leave Earth, hence the gate activation.