Newest Most Voted
David Walters
4 months ago

I don’t understand why these streaming services don’t add a feature to edit content for audience ages. Growing up, I loved the G-rated (PG?) version of Airplane! that they showed on TV.

David Walters
4 months ago
Reply to  David Walters

or, as John McClain would say, Yippee Kie Yay, Mr. Falcon!

John
John
2 months ago
Reply to  David Walters

Or if you grew up in Europe …
“Yippe Ka Yay.. keemosabee”

Cybergrimes
cybergrimes
4 months ago
Reply to  David Walters

Vudu recently had a Family Play feature that would auto skip sex, violence etc scenes if enabled by the user. It was great, I was watching PG-13 shows like Thor Ragnarok with my 6 year old. They were essentially 90s era cable TV cuts like a lot of us grew up watching. Unfortunately when Walmart sold Vudu the feature was scrapped.

Will
Will
4 months ago
Reply to  David Walters

VidAngel is a service that allows just that; you can link it to streaming services and create custom filters of what things you find objectionable (profanity, nudity, graphic violence, etc). Disney, Fox, and Warner Brothers sued claiming copyright infringement. My understanding is that they settled with those companies and are only doing it through Netflix and Amazon now.

Pity because I think there’s a real market for giving users the ability to decide for themselves what content they want to censor.

mystere3
mystere3
1 month ago
Reply to  David Walters

looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Vrvly
Vrvly
4 months ago

Violence there is, but love even more. It’s like real life and they censor it…

Vrvly
Vrvly
4 months ago

I say let them see what’s what.

Rivka
Rivka
4 months ago

Watching now, as I usually do this time of year. On season 7, on Prime video. No such rating. “Drug use” is listed on some episodes, which is funny. Drugs from alien worlds.

Will
Will
4 months ago
Reply to  Rivka

What, are they flagging tretonin? I guess technically it’s a drug, but it’s more akin to insulin than narcotics.

Willy Vindas Muñoz
Willy Vindas Muñoz
3 months ago

Excelente, mi esperada y muy anhelada serie de ciencia ficción y favorita por años… Será que en Netflix costa rica la van a transmitir???

BrandiBradley