First Aired: January 28, 2000
SG-1 receives alien brain implants that manifest themselves as a bizarre man, who tells them that they would not survive the procedure to remove him.
- Perhaps the funniest episode of Stargate ever, “Urgo” features legendary comedic actor Dom DeLuise — the father of actor-director Peter DeLuise, who directed this episode and dozens of hours of the Stargate franchise.
- Peter DeLuise often inserts himself into his episodes in small cameos. In this one he’s the young, handsome officer as whom Urgo briefly projects himself.
- Dom DeLuise is one of a handful of actors to portray two characters in the same episode — Urgo, and his creator Togar. (Michael Shanks also pulled off this feat when he played Ma’chello under heavy makeup in “Holiday.”)
- SG-1’s trip offworld in this episode was to find a site for an off-world research colony. They’d eventually succeed, as we would see in later episodes such as “Prodigy.”
- There are just too many great jokes to mention. What are your favorite moments from “Urgo?”
“Urgo” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Review
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Season Three Podcast
- Interview with Peter DeLuise (2005)
- Dom DeLuise dies at age 75 (2009)
Rewatch “Urgo” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Urgo” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!