First Aired: October 29, 1999
SG-1 must escape a hellish prison moon — and one of their worst enemies — when Apophis returns and tortures the team for their secrets.
“The Devil You Know” Facts:
- After a year and a half of talk about Jolinar — the Tok’ra symbiote temporarily joined with Sam Carter (“In the Line of Duty”) — in this two-parter we finally see her. Actress Tanya Reid plays Jolinar in Martouf’s flashbacks.
- Longtime actor and stuntman Peter Kent plays Kintac, one of the Ne’tu inmates working alongside Apophis. He would return to Stargate as a Jaffa warrior named Bak’al in the tenth season episode “Talion.”
- The evil Sokar was one of the coolest villains to appear on Stargate — but he isn’t what actor David Palffy is best known for. After killing off Sokar in this episode the writers would bring back Palffy as none other than Anubis, who enjoyed a long run as SG-1‘s chief antagonist from Seasons Five through Eight.
“The Devil You Know” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Video Interview with Peter Williams (2008)
- Interview with JR Bourne (2006)
- Interview with David Palffy (2004)
- Interview with Carmen Argenziano (2006)
- SG-1 Season Three Podcast
Rewatch “The Devil You Know” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Devil You Know” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!