First Aired: March 10, 2006
SG-1 discovers the village of Camelot on an alien world, and must face Merlin’s security system when they go in search of an Ancient weapon. Elsewhere, Earth and its allies assemble a fleet when a working Ori Supergate is discovered.
- Veteran actor John Noble guest stars in SG-1‘s ninth season finale as the soft-spoken alien village leader Meurik. He was well known at this point for his role as Denethor in The Lord of the Rings — but had not yet taken the role of Dr. Walter Bishop on Fringe. (Noble can currently be seen on FOX’s Sleepy Hollow.)
- For several years SCI FI Channel sponsored a “Get in the Gate” sweepstakes, with the winner appearing in a walk-on role. This year’s winner, Nancy Martin, appears as Meurik’s wife.
- The launch of the new Russian-commanded battle cruiser Korolev marks the start of a new level of international cooperation in the defense of Earth. A Chinese ship, the Sun Tzu, would later be mentioned on Stargate Atlantis.
- The holographic Ancient Merlin is played by Matthew Walker — here in his second appearance (the first being in the Glastonbury cave on Earth in “Avalon, Part 1”). His first role on Stargate was that of the ailing alien leader Roham in the Season Two episode “Touchstone.”
- Every week after a new episode aired, GateWorld ran a poll for fans to rank the episode from 1 to 10. With an average viewer score of 9.56, “Camelot” has the distinction of ranking in the Top 5 of all 214 hours of Stargate SG-1 — behind only “Window of Opportunity,” “The Fifth Race,” “Within the Serpent’s Grasp,” and “The Serpent’s Lair.” (That makes it the highest-rated episode of the series after Season Four.)
“Camelot” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Transcript
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Season Nine Podcast
- Interview with John Noble (2006)
- Interview with Garry Chalk (2006)
- Interview with Brad Wright (2006)
Rewatch “Camelot” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Camelot” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week this year we’re rewatching Stargate’s great season premieres, finales, and mid-season two-parters. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!