February means it’s SG-1 Season Seven month on GateWorld as we celebrate 17 years of Stargate history with the Stargate Rewatch! As you enjoy another 22 episodes in your Rewatch program, here’s your intro to SG-1‘s seventh year and links to everything related here on GateWorld.
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to SG-1 Season Seven, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate all throughout 2012.
Believing the sixth year would be their last, the writers of Stargate SG-1 prepared for the end (and a future in movies). But the show’s move to the SCI FI Channel proved to be a major boon, with ratings surging and a new burst of creative energy behind the scenes. Season Seven was a go, and after a year off Michael Shanks was returning full-time as Dr. Daniel Jackson.
But that meant the (some say unceremonious) departure of Corin Nemec’s Jonas Quinn, who returned to his homeworld of Langara to help build its future. Meanwhile, Daniel struggled to reintegrate into the team and his mortal life, while Teal’c’s hopes for the future of the Free Jaffa got a big boost when SG-1 met Ishta and the female warriors of the Hak’tyl. Sam Carter tried to put Jack behind her and start a serious relationship with civilian Pete Shanahan. And a beloved member of Stargate Command would fall in the line of duty.
Anubis, meanwhile, was continuing his quest for galactic domination by introducing seemingly unstoppable Kull warriors, and would eventually turn his eye toward Earth and attack directly. Only the discovery of a lost Ancient weapon could hope to save the planet from certain doom.
Things to watch for this season:
- The introduction of Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey
- What makes the Goa’uld sarcophagus work
- The Samantha Carter doll
- The dream kiss
- Bra’tac’s life threatened not once, not twice, but no fewer than three times
- A rather different-looking Chaka
- The introduction of a blonde Elizabeth Weir
- Stargate‘s first use of a pop song (yes, it happened before SGU)
- Senator Kinsey’s first name
- The name “Jim” … an unintended foreshadowing?
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Seven. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode of Season Seven
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy Season Seven on DVD (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Download Season Seven episodes
- iTunes: Download Season Seven episodes
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re taking your nominations for the following categories for the SG-1 Season Seven Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Season Seven and Season Seven only!)
- Best Episode (Season Seven)
- Best Jack Moment
- Best Daniel Moment
- Best Sam Moment
- Best Teal’c Moment
- Best Jonas Moment
- Best Hammond Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Goa’uld Villain
- Coolest Technology
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hastag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in two weeks to cast your ballot for the Season Seven Awards!