First Aired: September 15, 2006
After the Earth ship Odyssey is captured by the Lucian Alliance, Cameron Mitchell must go undercover inside the deadly organization to prevent his teammates from becoming casualties of an Alliance civil war.
“Company of Thieves” Facts:
- The Lucian Alliance had been portrayed largely as bumbling fools in past seasons. Here was a real effort on the part of the writers to make the new villains truly badass.
- Colonel Paul Emerson (played by Matthew Glave) is killed off in this episode. The Odyssey commander was in six episodes, starting with Season Nine’s “Off the Grid.”
- Actor Morris Chapdelaine plays the alien Tenat. He also played an Ori Prior in a few appearances … but perhaps his biggest contribution to Stargate was as an Asgard animatronic puppeteer.
- SG-1 digs deep into its collection of recovered alien tech to enable Colonel Mitchell to pose as a reclusive Lucian Alliance officer: he uses the Reole chemical, discovered in Season Five’s “The Fifth Man.” (Daniel used the same stuff to pose as Yu’s slave in “Summit.”
- With this, the show’s 203rd episode, Stargate SG-1 surpassed the record set by The X-Files and entered the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest-running North American sci-fi show.
“Company of Thieves” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Fan Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Season Ten Podcast
- Interview with Beau Bridges (2006)
- Interview with Amanda Tapping (2007)
- Interview with Claudia Black (2006)
- Interview with Morris Chapdelaine (2009)
- Interview with Brad Wright (2006)
Rewatch “Company of Thieves” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Company of Thieves” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!