1. Nekomajin
    February 15, 2018 at 2:34 am |

I am highly optimistic. Let’s see a great story now, then get a whole new series AND the continuation of what’s behind us!

2. 532docker532
    February 15, 2018 at 3:26 am |

Hopefully the producers/film studios don’t take too much notice on the ratings of origins. Being a low budget and not easy access for many fans in certain countries , it might not be a true indication of a future series success. Take a look at the Star Trek and even the Star Wars franchises, they are both going strong, possibly even stronger than back when the original shows were broadcast and I can honestly see the stargate franchise being just as successful. It is well and truely overdue!!

3. Austin Harper
    February 15, 2018 at 9:51 am |

“…the show’s creators have ensured us that Stargate Origins is structured and designed like a feature film, where the episodes are intended to be binge-watched and compiled into a full ‘movie’ once they’re all released.”
    Then why not just release it as a movie?

4. XxGenHammondxx
    February 15, 2018 at 10:55 am |

I have been a long time Stargate fan of all 3 of the Stargate shows and some of the spin offs like dark matter. I think that if you were to ask all off the fans would help come up with a little extra cash like people did for the 2nd super troopers movie. So would it be helpful to make a go fund me account for the new web series of Stargate or do you guys just want to try it the long and hard way to come up with the funds.

By the way how many of the original characters or maybe just the name of the characters are going to be in the new series? And I may have an idea for something for the new series, try to do something for the beginnings of the episode ” The Torment of Tantalus”. And maybe have one of the 4 great races come to the planet only to find Ernist Littlefield there that I think would be cool.

5. Celtic_lady
    February 15, 2018 at 1:18 pm |

I’ve seen 3 episodes thus far & I am enjoying the storytelling. The sets look great, the acting is well done & I look forward to viewing the remainder of the story. I hope this is the start of a new future for the Stargate franchise that will value storytelling over fight scenes and explosions (although explosions can be fun at times). It’s also nice to see Connor Trinneer again.

6. NorthWestern
    February 17, 2018 at 2:18 am |

Just saw ep 1 of origins.
    I vote for a series 2.
    Hopefully with some elements / cast of sg1, atlantis and/ or universe.
    Much prefer mini series or full series to films at this stage
    Can always spin films off this series later if its successful
    Particularly happy they are keeping within the canon created by sg1 etc rather than doing a reboot that was talked about when films were proposed

7. Neill
    February 27, 2018 at 12:02 am |

A question, how can Catherine go through the Stargate in the late 30’s when the first time she saw it work was when Daniel got it to work.

8. Darren
    February 27, 2018 at 12:35 pm |

Neill: Origins does have an answer to that question. But you’ll have to watch to the end to see it.

9. Rahiel
    March 10, 2018 at 8:35 am |

I just finished binge watching the entire series. I think it’s wonderful. I use to watch all the incarnations of Stargate from the very beginning so, this is a welcomed return.