Stargate Resistance is a fast-paced and deadly third-person shooter for control of the entire galaxy!
The arrogant System Lords believe they are the true masters of the universe, and have begun a savage campaign to dominate and enslave the known worlds.
Stargate Command operatives are the first line of defense against this menace. Small teams of brave agents use the Stargate to travel about the galaxy and parry the thrust of these alien overlords.
Whichever side you choose, each battle will be one of wits, skill, and reflexes that can decide the fate of the entire galaxy!
Dominance: Battle for control of the galaxy as either the S.G.C. or System Lords, wresting power away from your foes with each glorious victory!
Dial It Up: Spearhead the assault by charging through the Stargate into enemy territory–drawn straight from the amazing Stargate series!
Tactical Battle: Work with your teammates to defeat enemy players in a variety of multiplayer modes including Team Death Match, Capture the Tech, and of course, Domination!
Game Play Variety: Master all six classes and use their unique abilities to turn the tide of battle. Earn experience with each class to advance through the ranks.
True Stargate Weapons: Play with a vast array of weapons including the P90, Proximity Mines, Staff weapons, Sniper Rifle, .50 MG Turret and Anti-Cloak Sight, Ribbon Device and Ash’rak Death Knives!
Spectacular Visuals: Experience battlefields with jaw-dropping textures and lighting rendered by the Unreal 3 engine!
Expanding Universe: New content including maps, weapons, and classes enter the fray through future expansions
From Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment
- Stargate Resistance is an exploratory action-shooter that was available online only by subscription between February 2010 and January 2011. The online platform allowed players to interact and compete, and receive new content roll-outs as the game was updated. It also means that, once the game was scrapped and the developer went out of business, the servers came down and no offline version of the game remains available.
- Resistance was released as a sort of spin-off from Stargate Worlds, the ambitious MMO-RPG that had been in development for several years prior (but which by 2010 was in serious jeopardy). Though it is a different sort of game Resistance utilizes much of the graphics, the game engine, and other assets from SGW.
- Though developed by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, this title was published by new start-up Fresh Start Studios / Dark Comet Games (under the “FireSky” brand). The new company was formed after Cheyenne declared bankruptcy, laid off its staff, and entered a period of legal fights over money and leadership — including just who was actually in charge of the company (the leadership of its former CEO being in dispute). Some of the company’s leadership set up Dark Comet and released this game while those legal fights were on-going — which explains a lot about this game’s short lifespan.
- On the one hand Resistance was meant to be something of a preview of what Stargate Worlds would be, as developers still hoped that title one day would be freed from legal and financial limbo and be released to waiting fans. On the other hand, though, Resistance was an attempt to salvage something from the ashes of SGW and provide the developers with enough of a revenue stream to stay alive while legal fights were being waged.
In fact, some of Cheyenne Mountain’s shareholders eventually sued Dark Comet Games for what they claimed to be theft of Cheyenne Mountain’s assets. In the fall of 2010 MGM opted not to renew the game’s license, and Resistance was taken offline in January of the following year. At that point, any lingering hope for Stargate Worlds was also dead.
- Because Stargate Resistance was online and playable for nearly a year, there are lots of game-play videos available to watch on YouTube.