For the first time in years, the original cast from the highly popular long-running TV series, Stargate SG-1, reunited to voice their SG-1 characters in the game. Richard Dean Anderson (as Jack O’Neill), Amanda Tapping (as Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (as Daniel Jackson) and Christopher Judge (as Teal’c) headline the voice cast for the new episode with dialogue cleverly crafted by script writer Sally Malcolm to reflect each of the SG-1 characters’ distinctive personalities.
Stargate SG-1: Unleashed‘s story revolves around the SG-1 team in an all new adventure that takes them through the Stargate in an effort to reveal the mysteries behind a new and dangerous Goa’uld enemy. Players are engaged in the third-person adventure, commanding Colonel O’Neill, and characters Captain Carter and Dr. Jackson as they travel to unknown worlds, defeat Jaffa warriors, infiltrate a Goa’uld slave camp, explore mysterious temples, decipher new technology and solve cryptic puzzles.
Stargate SG-1: Unleashed features:
- Voiced by the original TV cast members
- High quality 3D graphics with realistic Stargate Command environments
- A variety of game play: target shooting, stealth mode, object collection, and race against the clock
- Eight interactive chapters
- Amazing cinematics guide the player through the story
- Original soundtrack
- Easy-to-master touchscreen game play
From Arkalis Interactive
- Stargate SG-1: Unleashed is the second mobile smartphone app released by Andorra-based Arkalis Interactive under a license from MGM. It is essentially a playable story, with a new original villain (Sekhmet, the daughter of Ra) and storyline written by Fandemonium author Sally Malcolm (A Matter of Honor, The Cost of Honor). The main cast of Stargate SG-1 provided voices for their characters.
- The Unleashed storyline was written to unfold over the course of three “episodes” (with the potential of more beyond that). The first was released in March of 2013, followed by Episode 2 that November. Arkalis evidently went out of business shortly thereafter, and the third and final installment was never released. (Unleashed has since been removed from the official app stores.)
- The voice of General George Hammond is provided by actor Richard Epcar, taking over for the late Don S. Davis.