1. wraithkelso
    wraithkelso
    November 18, 2009 at 9:51 pm |

I did think that there was a bit of an inconsistency in the Solar Flare part. Usually in Stargate’s past the “puddle” didn’t show them that there was a solar flare, the only times it showed the unstable “puddle” was if there were power issues, however this time the unstable “puddle” was to show them when the solar flare was interfering with gate travel, otherwise it was a great episode.

2. janet99
    janet99
    November 18, 2009 at 10:04 pm |

I don’t see whats wrong with the unique interference affect on the stargate in this episode. The solar flare phenomena was obviously affecting the stargate differently this time.

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    November 18, 2009 at 10:34 pm |

Hi!
    Thanks for the Podcast! I always enjoy them, even when I don’t enjoy the episode or subject all that much; you guys are very entertaining!
    I am noticing something about the fandom for SGU and have wondered if you are seeing this also?
    I’d be willing to bet that a significantly greater proportion of male fans are posting on the SGU threads than did on those for SG1 and SGA. And I think a look at the number of threads/posts (on an admittedly new show) in the Characters and Relationships folders will also bear this out. And have many of your callers for the SGU based podcasts been female?
    Also noticed this on the SyFy forum.
    It would be very interesting to get a female perspective on the new series, is Tame available any time soon?

4. David Read
    November 18, 2009 at 11:45 pm |

Tame will be taking my place in Podcast 70!

5. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    November 18, 2009 at 11:58 pm |

Yay! I’m a big Tame fan!
    But I love you too, David…

6. wraithkelso
    wraithkelso
    November 19, 2009 at 1:10 am |

Are the alien bug things from Time doing to be added to the omnipedia? I ask because I actually started a club at school that watches an episode each day after school, and when we skip episodes I like to use the omnipedia to help the newbies to Stargate understand what they’ve missed over time.

7. David Read
    November 19, 2009 at 1:34 am |

I hope to add “Time” to the Omnipedia very soon :) Thanks for your interest!

8. ellenoz
    ellenoz
    November 20, 2009 at 7:23 pm |

Thanks for the podcast on Time, found it very interesting and thought provoking, especially about Destiny’s role in selection of destinations. The creatures nest emitted sulphur fumes – so rather than being an “antidote” with a very narow use, the creatures could provide a source of making an anti-biotic which could have wider applictions and implications for survival of crew in the future