Stargate SG-1: The AlliancePLATFORM: PC, PS2, Xbox
DEVELOPER: Perception Pty
PUBLISHER: JoWooD Productions
RELEASE DATE: Cancelled
The evil Anubis is on the move and Stargate Command is preparing for battle. His fleet has been plundering huge regions of space and conquering worlds in search of a powerful artifact that holds the power to overthrow the universe. General Jack O'Neill and the other members of the Stargate SG-1 team must transport to vast alien outposts to locate the ancient artifact before Anubis. Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is an intense first-person, multi-player action game which recruits you as an integral member of the SG-1 team. Using innovative team gameplay, travel through gates to complete 16 complex missions. Explore bizarre and beautiful alien worlds and come face-to-face with the Jaffa, Ree'tou, Haakan and other dangerous alien nations that populate the Stargate SG-1 universe. Earth's fate depends on it! FEATURES:
- In-depth and compelling story which enhances and completes the entire Stargate universe into one unique Sci-Fi masterpiece
- Play as your favorite SG-1 team member General O'Neall, Teal'C, Daniel, Col. Carter, and more
- 16 challenging and complex missions utilize brute force, stealth, hacking, rune deciphering to survive
- Co-operative campaign for up to four players Players either split up to accomplish specific tasks or team support by controlling strategic positions
- High quality dialogue starring the original cast of the SG-1 TV show
- Command a huge arsenal of devastating alien weapons, armored vehicles and utility devices
- Unique multi-player modes for enhanced replay value Death Match, Team Death Match, Jaffa, Enslave, Last Man Standing and many more
- Downloadable content and map editor to create fan maps
- MGM granted a license for the first Stargate SG-1 PC and console game to Perception Pty -- a young, Australia-based development house. Perception worked on the game as a labor of love, but was unable to bring the game to market before the company closed its doors.
- Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is an action-adventure puzzle game developed for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. Originally scheduled for a fourth quarter 2005 release, the game was ultimately cancelled due to a falling out and legal dispute between the developer, Perception (who originally secured the Stargate license from MGM), and Austrian game publisher JoWooD (circa 2005 to 2007). The publisher accused the developer of failing to meet its quality standards, and the game was never completed.
- In the game, players control Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c (circa Season Eight) in new missions to save the galaxy. Anubis is on the move, scouring the galaxy for that which can grant him immeasurable power. The game also introduced an advanced new alien enemy to the Stargate universe, the Haaken.
- The game features the voice acting of the show's cast, including Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, and Christopher Judge, as well as fan-favorite guest stars like Carmen Argenziano ("Jacob Carter"). Dialogue recording was directed by long-time Stargate SG-1 director Peter DeLuise.
- The video game-like simulation images that appear in SG-1's eighth season episode "Avatar" were produced by Perception, from The Alliance's art and game engine.
- A few fans have gotten their hands on the game since Perception went out of business. As a result, there are lots of game-play footage videos on YouTube that show off the state of the game in its nearly complete form (including some cut-scene animation marked as place-holders).