1. gatechick
    gatechick
    October 3, 2012 at 4:22 pm |

This news just made my day! I was so hoping I could see Primeval New World on Syfy and lo and behold here’s the news. Was that the Jenny Lewis character I saw in one of those scenes? Nice to see Connor making an appearance. Bummed that we have to wait till 2013 but better later than not at all!

2. Thunderbird 2
    Thunderbird 2
    October 3, 2012 at 4:41 pm |

As a UK fan who enjoyed the original series, how does the new show connect to the original programme? Does the original A.R.K. still exist? Will the UK show be carrying on too?
    Thanks.

3. GateHunter
    GateHunter
    October 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm |

I was probably turned of Louis Ferriera forever because of SGU – I hope he is not a regular

4. Browncoat1984
    Browncoat1984
    October 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm |

Great news! I wonder will Syfy or BBC America air the entire originals series? I recently downloaded and watched the entire original series and LOVED it. It starts off sorta “okay, could be good” but quickly becomes “I can’t wait for the next episode”

Is there any news of the original series coming back? They sort of introduce a new plot element with the original team at the end of the last season.

5. ictus75
    ictus75
    October 3, 2012 at 11:17 pm |

As much as I hate the Syfail network, I’m glad to see both Continuum & Primeval: New World coming to TV in the States. I just won’t be too surprised when they are both canceled in order to show a new vampire hunter show…

6. bhorwith22
    bhorwith22
    October 4, 2012 at 3:17 am |

Sorry but this is lame. Give us back SGU and not this fake sci-fi.

7. kadosho
    kadosho
    October 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm |

I actually enjoyed the previous seasons of Primeval. Its surprising how unique they could take two different genres, and create some neat storytelling. But to see crossovers like the trailer showed. Wow!

8. bluewater1
    bluewater1
    October 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm |

Sounds like good news to me. I’ll be eagerly awaiting this series.

9. TintinScottie1
    TintinScottie1
    October 5, 2012 at 7:12 am |

I enjoyed the uk series and i think that this is going to be like the stargate atlantis of stargate. Bring It On

10. retiredat44
    retiredat44
    October 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm |

syfail is right… maybe better late than never but they bungling never ends.. and they never fire the bunglers,, they just continue on the fail streak… there is some network on cable I get ‘chiller tv’. It should become the number one sci-fi network… if they can get enough funding, thye could give us the best and let syfail keep wrestling.

11. ohioankev
    ohioankev
    October 20, 2012 at 11:42 pm |

@retiredat44 you do realize that Chiller TV is owned by the same company that owns SyFy right? Yep it’s all part of the same big corporate umbrella and probably programmed by the same people. Also I do not think Chiller airs in HD and the SD version looks terrible on Dish Network.

12. Chop_