1. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    June 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm |

Ah here it is! Thanks! Been waiting and waiting :) Will listen later today :)

2. Moth
    Moth
    June 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm |

David – I was reading Foundation at the same time, too. Keep being awesome, boys!

3. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    June 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm |

Thanks the podcast was as good as ever – or even better. Looking forward to next 3 SGU pods and episode pods, really cool.

4. fwupow
    fwupow
    June 10, 2011 at 1:33 am |

At long last I can freely cavort about Gate World without having to worry about sudden, unexpected spoiler bombs! Yay! Just finished watching #SGU Season 2 DVDs. Too bad it’s too late for me to contribute. The only way to avoid spoilers is by totally tuning out of all things Stargate until the DVD release. At first blush, I really liked ‘Common Descent’ & ‘Epilogue’, but I’m gonna have to rewatch everything before passing final judgment. There is something to be said for first impressions though. I mean, we should take note of the episodes that captivate us the most on the first watch. Some eps don’t have strong replay value and start losing points in our personal ratings after repeated viewings and then we forget that when we first watched it, we were totally taken by it.

5. fwupow
    fwupow
    June 11, 2011 at 1:23 am |

I just watched the DVD extra: “Behind the Season 2 Finale: Gauntlet” Cast & crew didn’t know if they’d be back for another season, but mentioned how being put into the “stand-up coffins” and shutting down the lights of each set when they finished shooting on it, made it feel like the end. I know watching the show, I was thinking that Acme/Shark & Co. must’ve known that SyFy was gonna scrap ’em, but I guess they were just prepping for the worst. It all came “full circle” but sure left a lot of unfinished story!

6. fwupow
    fwupow
    June 11, 2011 at 1:36 am |

Without having a chance to re-watch Season 2, I don’t feel in a good position to proffer my thoughts about it. I felt like the 2nd half of the season was the best. I’m mystified about why the two alien species featured in the 1st half of the season just sort of drifted out of the picture to be replaced by the drones. Also miffed as to why none of the Destiny brain-trust pitched the idea of trying to re-program, commandeer or infect the drones with a virus, since they were just computers. I think that I liked ‘Common Descent’ and ‘Epilogue’ so much because they hearkened back to the old SG-1 format of stepping out of the gate into a new world, meeting English-speaking strangers, getting attacked, saving people, underground storage vaults full of treasure-data (which of course gets immediately destroyed) and getting out into a brighter, prettier environment.

7. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    June 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm |

@fwupow – agree, that’s why I liked these episodes too. And yes, I was totally waiting for the drones to be reprogrammed (has been done in ST and other scifi series, so it’s a given :) – interesting tidbid about the actors in the pods, thanks

8. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    June 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm |

When will the new podcast be out then?