ORIGINAL AIR DATE: 02.08.08
SYNDICATION AIR DATE: 03.09.09
DVD DISC: Season 4, Disc 4
WRITTEN BY: Martin Gero
DIRECTED BY: Martin Wood
GUEST STARS: Jewel Staite (Jennifer Keller), Isaah Brown (Caminous), Aidan Drummond (Renord), Nico Ghisi (Kid), Alberto Ghisi (Kid)
- Early in production, "Trio" originally carried the nickname title "Three's Company."
- "Marty G. is finding out that his little 'Three's Company' episode ain't gonna be as little as he thought." (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
- "To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what's going on with Carter's love life, you'll have to wait until 'Trio' for a not-so-subtle tip-off."
"... We will not be dealing with Sam's love life on Atlantis. However, a passing mention of her personal life during a candid moment is another matter." (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
- "'Trio,' the one that we just shot was a turning point for Keller, especially since she was with Carter who she really respects and she was with McKay who she really respects, as well, and kind of got to prove herself to the both of them. It was really hard work, but it was really, really fun. I didn't expect it to be that fun. We did a lot of laughing. ... That blooper reel is going to be two hours long." (Actress Jewel Staite, in a Stargate Atlantis media press conference)
- "Jewel and David and I were stuck in a really quite hideous set covered in dirt and on angle in this little metal box, and so we decided to come up with a new show. ... It's called Stargate Titanic: The Musical. And it's specifically for small town dinner theater. We just started writing and singing and dancing about the set. I hope some of it appeared on camera because it was really quite hilarious. David singing a song about 'the Wraith, the Wraith, they're a very bad race!'
"It sounds really silly, but it got us through the day. I think most of the blooper reels will be us cracking each other up. Everyone on the cast has a really good sense of humor, so generally it's just people making each other laugh. And, of course, Stargate Titanic: The Musical." (Actress Amanda Tapping, in a Stargate Atlantis media press conference)
- "There's an episode coming up towards the end where the [Carter-McKay] relationship comes back again. That sort of sibling snarkiness comes back. There's a different amount of respect that she has for McKay now because he's in a different position and she has to respect where he is. So it's a more respectful relationship in a lot of way. Not without its humor, though." (Actress Amanda Tapping, in a Stargate Atlantis media press conference)