Be All My Sins Remember’dEPISODE #411
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: 01.04.08
SYNDICATION AIR DATE: 02.02.09
DVD DISC: Season 4, Disc 3
WRITTEN BY: Martin Gero
DIRECTED BY: Andy Mikita
Michael Beach (Colonel Abraham Ellis), Mitch Pileggi (Colonel Steven Caldwell), David Nykl (Radek Zelenka), Jill Wagner (Larrin), Christopher Heyerdahl (Voice of Wraith), Brendan Penny (Wraith), Michelle Morgan (Fran), Martin Christopher (Major Marks), Torri Higginson (Elizabeth Weir), Niall Matter (Lt. Kemp), Chuck Campbell (Technician), Jason Coleman (Larrin’s Crewman), Patricia Cullen (Replicator Crew Member)
The Atlantis team has allied themselves with a captured Wraith, a scientist who wants to help them against a common enemy. Under heavy guard, the Wraith helps McKay in his science lab.
The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth’s battle cruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod’s former work station. As she reviews some recent modifications to the ship, Colonel Caldwell engages her in conversation. The two talk about her new command of the Atlantis base, which Sam tells him is going well … though she didn’t realize how much she would miss being out in the field on an SG team.
John Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon Dex are joined by their new Wraith friend on a mission to make contact with the Wraith fleet. But when they arrive on a hive ship the Wraith stun them, in order to speak with the Wraith privately. Later, on board their Puddle Jumper in space, Sheppard wakes up to find himself with the Wraith. Ronon and Teyla are there, too, but still unconscious. After returning his missing sidearm, the Wraith tells Sheppard that seven hive ships have been convinced to join their fight. It is not as many as they were hoping for, but a good start.
A war is brewing.
- “Be All My Sins Remember’d” is the second installment of the mid-season two-parter, following “This Mortal Coil.” Both titles are from Hamlet’s famous “To be or not to be” soliloquy from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Act 3 Scene 1:
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there’s the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
… Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember’d.
- Guest star Michelle Morgan (“Fran”) was originally cast as Linara, the daughter of the Seer, in this season’s “The Seer.” She had to back out because of scheduling conflicts with a movie she was shooting, and was quickly recast as Fran.
- “Hey, look at what showed up on my desk yesterday. It’s the second part of the mid-season two-parter compliments of Marty G. I predict it will vie for the title of Season Four Fan Favorite Episode. We’ll see if the title sticks.” (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
- “Spent most of the day in editing today (‘Reunion’ is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the ‘Be All My Sins Remember’d’ read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for ‘Travelers.'” (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
- “We watched Marty G.’s producer cut of ‘Be All My Sins Remember’d’ today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene.” (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
- “For the greatest space battle we’ve ever done, check out ‘Be All My Sins Remember’d.'” (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)