1. wganubis
    wganubis
    May 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm |

I personally think that Eli and the others were messed with by the aliens before gaining a window to send them back as sleeper agents if/when it was discovered they were messing with the ship via people who had used the touch stones. At least that would be a more plausible and more meaningful explanation as to why seemingly out of no where Eli and company gate back.

I mean think about it for a moment, Eli happens to be looking at the dialer just as Destiny’s weak engine explodes (dropping the ship out of FTL but still in range of the planet), dials back and the aliens happen to find the planet they were on hours after they left but have set up guns pointed right at the gate?

2. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    May 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm |

Hi there!
    Since I haven’t been keeping up with SGU I didn’t tune in to your last few podcasts, but I found I missed you guys!
    So I listened today and was happy to hear your voices again.
    Your discussion didn’t entice me to tune in to SGU (still sounds a bit soapy to me), but I do like how you two evaluate the episodes.
    PS – what happened to the episode polls? Is that a technical issue with the updates?

3. David Read
    May 13, 2010 at 1:49 am |

It is a technical issue, Sylvia. Now that we’ve moved to a new server we’re working on getting it re-installed!

4. SomeVeryRandomStuff
    SomeVeryRandomStuff
    May 13, 2010 at 6:18 pm |

With the knowledge of possible incursion by the Lucian Alliance during the season finale, could it be more likely that James was taken over by one of them? – although i do like the idea that it was Destiny that tuned into her.

As for the question at the end; with the Asgard Database and technology, it is very possible that Earth could be building Asgard Motherships. – Ships from Earth could be Sent to find the Destiny and rescue the people on board. – We only need know where it is, and the people on board have that information. And if it takes 2 weeks to get to Pegasus (which isnt even our nearest galaxy) then, Destiny is no more than a year away in Hyperspace. – And the Obelisk in Faith has to have sent a message in the direction of the Milky Way.

5. altera
    altera
    May 13, 2010 at 11:43 pm |

@ someveryrandomstuff

i thought it too, but it is a spoiler, that´s why i did not write this possibility here

6. wingsabre
    wingsabre
    May 14, 2010 at 12:28 am |

You guys wondered how the blue aliens were able to track Eli, Scott and Cloe to that gate they ended up. You mentioned how in the Milkyway Gates, it’s possible to get the last 50 address dialed, and wondered why the Destiny Gates were easier to track. If anything, I think the 50 address memory mechanism is still intact in the current gate, it’s just in the Milkyway, they gates were used a lot more. It would appear that not a lot of civilizations or any civilizations use the gates in Universe.

My theory is, the Blue Aliens still have some way to track the ship. This was how Eli and the others were able to get to the nearest planet to gate back. The abandoned ship could have had some from of tracking system that interconnects with the other alien ships, sending them information of what Eli was doing.

7. Sam1976
    Sam1976
    May 21, 2010 at 7:05 am |

I know I am a bit behind here but I just listened to this podcast and I have to soooo disagree with you when it comes to V. I think V is one of the best sci fi shows on the air right now, it has a good storyline, great special effects, suspense…
    While SGU starts to grow on me (I fell asleep during some of the earlier episodes – it is just to soapy for my taste), I still think they could learn a thing or two from V starting with the shaky camera or making some of the characters more likeable. I am glad V will return and I am still hoping for some more improvement for SGU.