Visit the GateWorld Podcast page for more about the show!
Now that the first Stargate Origins Web series has wrapped up and we’re staring into the unknown, on this installment of the GateWorld Podcast Darren and Adam consider the big picture: What is the future of the franchise we love so much? Where do we hope that Stargate goes — both in terms of the stories it tells and the way it gets to fans worldwide?
We’ll talk about the core elements of storytelling in the Stargate universe, as well as embracing new formats (like a shorter season) and writing for the binge-watching era. We’ll also consider the franchise’s evolution over the course of 17 seasons, and what it will take to bring a new generation of viewers into the Stargate family.
Where do you think Stargate should go in the future? And what kinds of things would you like to see us doing here at GateWorld before the “Next Big Thing” is announced?
- Stargate Universe: An Old Timer’s First-Time View (Sara Kehoe)
- GateWorld on YouTube
- Will There Be A Fourth Stargate Series? (VIDEO)
- Stargate Debrief: The Asgard (VIDEO)
- Stargate Debrief: Zat’ni’katel(VIDEO)
- Stargate’s Return: The Next Step
- Stargate’s Legacy (Column)
- Twitter Poll: When should the next Stargate series be set?
- Stargate: Extinction (unproduced movie)
- “Grace” (SG-1 Season Seven)
- “Air” (SGU Season One)
- “Time” (SGU Season One)
- “Lost” (SGU Season One)
- “Inquisition” (SGA Season Five)
- “The Intruder” (SGA Season Two)
- “A Matter of Time” (SG-1 Season Two)
- “Avatar” (SG-1 Season Eight)
- Stargate Origins Feature Cut
- The Stargate Reboot Film Has Fallen Apart (2016)
From the Omnipedia
locator chip implant
intergalactic gate bridge
Asgard computer core
Now you can listen to the GateWorld Podcast on YouTube! Check out our first effort at a video version below, and subscribe to GateWorld’s YouTube channel to be sure you see future uploads.
Thanks for listening! Leave us a comment below, or post on the Podcast Feedback thread at GateWorld Forum! Please let us know that you’re listening and what you would like to hear in the podcast’s future.