Letters From PegasusEPISODE #117
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: 03.04.05
DVD DISC: Season 1, Disc 5
WRITTEN BY: Carl Binder
EXCERPTS WRITTEN BY: Jill Blotevogel, Robert C. Cooper, Peter DeLuise, Martin Gero, Kerry Glover, Mary Kaiser, Damian Kindler, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Brad Wright
DIRECTED BY: Mario Azzopardi
GUEST STARS: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Terence Kelly (Orin), Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett), David Nykl (Dr. Zelenka), Ben Cotton (Kavanagh), Gary Jones (Technician), Dean Marshall (Bates), Manami Hara (Miko), Peter Graham-Gaudreau (Arja), Kevin Minato (Boy with Orin)
- The Wraith have cruiser-type ships, much larger than Darts but smaller than hive ships. Each hive ship acts as a carrier group, with cruisers and hundreds of Darts escorting it. Cruisers are capable of traveling through hyperspace, and it is likely that several carrier ships can land on a hive ship.
- Dr. Kavanagh hasn't let go of his issues with Dr. Weir since she put him in his place several months ago ("Thirty Eight Minutes"). Instead, he has been keeping detailed records of what he believes to be serious misjudgments on her part.
- Wraith culling beams are apparently programmed to discretely transport the living beings being targeted. They sweep over trees and other plant life without disturbing them at all. It is likely that the beam operates in tandem with a sophisticated sensor.
- In addition to video messages the Atlantis base sent city specs, mission reports, and tactical assessments to Stargate Command on Earth -- plus a ton of information retrieved so far from the Ancient database.
- Terence Kelly, who plays Orin in this episode, also played Miles Hagan in Stargate SG-1's "Space Race."
- What is the energy beam that suddenly shot down into the center of the village?
- How long will the Wraith armada take before arriving over Atlantis's planet?
- Will Earth be able to devise a way to send any aide to Atlantis before the Wraith arrive?