Reckoning, Part 2EPISODE #817
ORIGINAL AIR DATE: 03.04.2005
DVD DISC: Season 8, Disc 5
WRITTEN BY: Damian Kindler
DIRECTED BY: Peter DeLuise
GUEST STARS: Carmen Argenziano (Jacob Carter), Tony Amendola (Bra'tac), Cliff Simon (Baal), Eric Breker (Colonel Reynolds), Gary Jones (Walter Harriman), Isaac Hayes (Tolok), Jeff Judge (Aron), Dan Shea (Siler), Emy Aneke (Baal's Jaffa)
- Did any Replicators make it out of the S.G.C.? Could the facility or the mountain have shielded them from the energy wave?
- Did any Replicators survive the energy wave? Are there any left in the Othalla Galaxy or another galaxy?
- To where did Baal transport?
- Will the Jaffa revolution finally win the enslaved warriors across the galaxy their freedom from the Goa'uld?
- How will the Jaffa survive without larval Goa'uld symbiotes? Will they learn from the Tok'ra how to make their own tretonin on a massive scale, and be willing to make the sacrifices that come with taking the drug? Will they keep their own Goa'uld queens for symbiote production?
- What happened to Jacob / Selmak when the weapon was activated?
- Is Daniel really dead? Will Oma Desala or the Ancients intervene and save him?
- If Daniel does somehow survive, will he retain the unlocked Ancient knowledge?
- Will Baal continue to pretend to serve Anubis, or will he move against him?
- Will the Ancient weapon now be destroyed, because it has the ability to wipe out all life in the galaxy?
- "Baal, Anubis, the Tok'ra, the Jaffa, the Replicators, uneasy alliances, surprises, death and destruct – this episode has it all, concluding a multitude of outstanding stories in grand style. For all the inter-galactic splendor and ship to ship battles, my favorite moments comes when O'Neill and co. blow the door to free Siler and others trapped inside. Seconds after the explosion, Siler pokes his head up out from behind the table he is hiding behind – and discovers an enormous piece of shrapnel embedded in the tabletop only inches from his head.
"The part of Siler was played by longtime SG-1 stunt coordinate Dan Shea who parlayed the occasional background role to an actual speaking part on the show. To this day, he's still doing the con circuit, traveling the world to meet his many, many fans." (Writer/producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)